I often feel a little self conscious when watching an NFL game that I remark too often about how this player or that player went to The U. I thought maybe I was just not being as humble or as courteous as others in not keeping my mouth shut every time a former Hurricane was in on a play.
It turns out its not my lack of modesty that is the culprit. It is the simple and clear fact that The University of Miami dominates the NFL. Need some proof?
Miami is sending ten players to this year’s pro-bowl – almost a decade since the last National Championship.
- RB Frank Gore, San Fancisco 49ers
- WR Andre Johnson, Houstan Texans
- LB Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens
- OL Bryant McKinnie, Minnesota Vikings
- S Brandon Merriweather, New England Patriots
- S Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens
- S Antrel Rolle, Arizona Cardinals
- LB Jonathan Vilma, New Orleans Saints
- WR Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts
- DL Vince Wilfork, New England Patriots
Four offensive players and six defensive players (including 75% of the Pro Bowl Free Safeties).
It is all about the U.