Things started out shaky – spotting Wake 17 points before finally getting points on the board. The Canes’ defense was atrocious – giving up 555 yards overall with 408 of them through the air.
Its clear that Miami is massively depleted on defense. Coming into Saturday’s contest, The U had some 11 defensive players either injured our out for the season.
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI DEFENSIVE INJURIES
- CB – Ryan Hill – OUT FOR SEASON
- DE – Dyron Dye – OUT FOR SEASON
- DE – Gavin Hardin – OUT FOR SEASON
- DE – Eric Moncur
- DE – Adewale Ojomo – OUT FOR SEASON
- DT – Marcus Forston – OUT FOR SEASON
- LB – Jordan Futch – OUT FOR SEASON
- LB – Shayon Green – OUT FOR SEASON
- LB – Sean Spence
- S – Ray Ray Armstrong
- S – JoJo Nicholas
Next up for the Canes are the Cavaliers from the University of Virginia.